There are lots of tasks any business person need to focus on everyday, but there even more for Freight Broker’s and Agents need to juggle everyday to stay on top of everything they are responsible for. That is why staying organized is key to success and sanity! We recommend using a proven criteria system like S.M.A.R.T. when setting objectives or goals. This system helps you create goals that get you to your objective in an effective and efficient manner. Of course lots of variations have been made for this system and we like to use the variation S.M.A.R.T.E.R!
- S. – Specific – Write down exactly what it is.
- M. – Measurable – What will gauge your success?
- A. – Achievable – Make sure it is possible to achieve your goal.
- R. – Realistic – Your goal needs to be with your realm of experience
- T. – Time based – What is the deadline of your goal?
- E. – Evaluate – Now analyze your goal and make sure it fits the guidelines.
- R. – Reach – Whats your stretch goal, is this goal helping you reach for it?
Once you have your goal setting planned out, it is equally as important to make sure that along with setting goals you are also tracking wins! Tracking wins helps change your perception of your success day to day and help keep your focused and motivated because you are seeing incremental progress and success everyday! A great way to do this is a Day Planner and we have just released the only one made specifically for Freight Brokers! It give you the framework and tools to be able to set a goal for the year and then track your goals monthly weekly and daily to reach your annual goal and all your personal and professional goals along the way! Check it Out! and Please let us know what you think of it!