Website The Custom Companies, Inc.
Do It Right The First Time-Make It Happen-Appreciate Your Customer
These are just some of the values we hold dear and have made us a successful full service transportation company for the last 33 years! With terminals in the Chicagoland and Los Angeles areas we offer exciting and rewarding careers in the transportation industry from coast to coast! We have a dynamic and fast paced work environment and are committed to delivering quality service to our clients. Exceptional Customer Service (Internal and External) is at the heart of our success. We seek talented and experienced professionals who truly want a career!
We are eager to attract the best so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes a 401k with an immediately vested Company contribution; paid time off; insurance (medical, dental, vision and more)
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Thank you in advance for considering The Custom Companies, Inc. as your future employer.
Participates in quoting full and partial freight shipments out of Illinois. Assists in movement of all shipments out of Illinois. Solicits new full or partial truckload business going to various points within the 48 contiguous states.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (include but are not limited to)
- Is responsible for maintaining designated profit margins.
- Is responsible for overseeing growth of carrier base.
- Is responsible for putting multi-stop loads together and choosing the best mode of transportation – OTR / Rail
- Assists Sales & Customers with rates / quotes
- Enters orders into the system
- Sells loads, negotiate rates with carriers, prepare contracts
- Schedule inbound & outbound carriers with the dock operation
- Works with sales & customers to ensure freight arrives in a timely manner
- Works with agents for special deliveries (lift-gates/inside deliveries) negotiate rates
- Identifies problems during transit and make corrective actions
- Assists with tracking and tracing, POD’s, getting loads closed to bill
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Hazardous Material Regulations.
- Has knowledge of freight and intermodal movement as well as geography of the United States.
- Trained on all documentation, and record completion, relating to Truckload.
- Trained on operating software and Windows based applications, Word, Excel.
- Expert knowledge of freight movement
- Expert knowledge of equipment required for transportation.
- Pricing of movements
- High degree of motivation and attention to details
- Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages
- Ability to multitask and establish priorities
- Ability to identify, report, and execute on recurring problems
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit customcompanies.hrmdirect.com.