Website JCB Trucking
Job Summary Broker/Agent will schedule the truck drivers to pick up and deliver loads to vendors or customers. Dispatchers are often also responsible for keeping records, monitoring driver’s daily logs to determine availability based on HOS, and know equipment availability and driver compatibility. A dispatcher has to be willing to learn company specific computer programs. A dispatcher is as essential to a trucking operation as any driver. Your goal, as a dispatcher, is to make your customer happy and keep your driver safe. Essential Functions These are functions a qualified applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Oversee other dispatchers ensuring best routes are being utilized to optimize profitability while maintaining all DOT Regulations
- Cultivate relationships with drivers.
- Dispatch drivers based on driver classification, HOS, and load factors
- Dispatch priority loads on drivers with efficient hours to meet on time delivery
- Utilize load boards to most efficiently route drivers
- Input and update drivers ETA’s as given
- Address inventory issues
- Manage driver boards
- Use GPS system to track Drivers
- Process request to add and delete units on dispatched trips
- Weekend duty rotation which includes scheduled weekend work hours
- Initiate and communicate accessorial charges
- Team player, adaptable to changing environment
- Dispatch Experience in a Fast Paced Environment
- Experience with load boards/brokers and direct customers
- Strong Computer Skills
- High Energy
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Must be Detailed Oriented
- Highly Organized with Aptitude to Develop Business Processes
- Ability to Work Independently AND Develop Internal Working Relationships
- Minimum 1 year of experience (2 years desired) in logistics or transportation experience
- Ability to preplan, make dispatch changes and remember the type of equipment used, driver destinations and the length of time to complete each move.
- Book of own business would be very helpful, but not required.
Job Type: Full-time
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.