Website Wood County
The general function of this position is to coordinate and dispatch daily operations and participate in the development of new transportation services.
A. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Coordinate daily bus routes for bus drivers. Coordinate and schedule driver vacation coverage. Act as a liaison between drivers and drop off locations.
2. Receive phone calls from the public regarding a variety of transportation assistance questions, assess client needs; determine eligibility and arrange for transportation services. Write and speak clearly and concisely to communicate program requirements.
3. Treat customers and co-workers with respect and sensitivity.
4. Maintain records on ridership, repairs, maintenance, and daily receipts
5. Complete passenger’s reconciliation of their payments and bills.
6. Work with insurance providers to receive authorizations for ridership.
7. Coordinate volunteer driver program. Match customer’s needs with available volunteer drivers. Recruit and recertify volunteer drivers.
8. Complete monthly, semi-monthly and annual reports for transportation grants.
9. Coordinate transportation for community and social service providers, while providing consistent excellent customer service.
10. Coordinate the Disabled American Veterans Van Service for Wood County.
11. Responsible to know and practice the Safety policies of the County. Perform all job tasks in a safe and prescribed manner.
B. OTHER DUTIES
1. Grant writing for funding of various transportation programs.
2. Make presentations to community groups of the services offered through the Transportation program.
3. Assist in development of annual transportation budget.
4. Provide backup coverage for the Community Resources Receptionist.
5. Any other duties as may be assigned.
Associate degree in Business, Communications, Human Services or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and work experience with four (4) years’ experience in a transportation or customer service field. The ability to work with diverse populations. Working knowledge of computers and basic word processing and learn any upgrades and changes that may occur. Ability to work under pressure, independently and attention to detail is required. Basic everyday living skills are needed, as is the ability to understand and follow oral and written directions and to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing. Reading, writing, adding, and subtracting is needed for maintaining and creating various reports, letters, and data entry. This position may require travel to and from off-campus sites. Individual may use personal vehicle or other means of reliable transportation.
Basic office equipment used – telephone, calculator, copy machine, computer terminal, printing equipment, and FAX machine.
To apply for this job please visit careers.co.wood.wi.us.