Website Core-Mark International, Inc.
Bakersfield,California Company Description:
Essential Job Functions: Dispatcher
- Daily monitoring of fleet drivers for route performance and adherence to planned route
- Works with drivers to help solve routing concerns based on real-time feedback
- Communicate daily with department Supervisors on driver performance issues
- Allocates equipment and driver resources and schedules deliveries a/o pick-ups and backhauls.
- Ensure dispatching solution complies with DOT hour and weight regulations
- Performs pre and post route & driver performance analysis of service time and cost, adherence to stop sequences, travel time, driver cost, equipment cost, etc.; What worked/didn’t work
- Work with the Transportation and Sales Team to ensure customer delivery parameters are accurate in Roadshow
- Updates routing system based on overnight delivery request changes
- Maintains & update information on daily basis geocoding, standard route maintenance & updates, Continually review each route for overlap and opportunities
- Maintain databases of logistics information. Maintain data in information systems or databases.
- Prepare reports on logistics performance measures. Prepare operational reports
- Reporting as needed / directed
- 1-2 years of Transportation Dispatch and/or Customer Service.
- Transportation Management Systems experience strongly preferred
- Independent decision making, ability to work without supervision
- Secondary Education in Logistics/Operations is a plus
- Ability to manage time and plan independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Proficient with the Microsoft suite of applications, especially Excel and Access required
- Class A CDL preferred but not required
Licenses & Certifications
Qualifications: Additional Information: Job Reference ID: TRANS05797
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit careers.core-mark.com.