Website Dead River Company
Coordinates service dispatching, inventory, billing, payroll and productivity to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and an efficient, profitable department.
1. Courteously receives incoming service related calls from customers. Information is received, input into the computer system, and service scheduled.
2. Schedules technicians for routine tune-ups and maintenance work as time allows. Service manager may be consulted to coordinate the scheduling of major repairs or installations.
3. Uses radio or cellular telephone to communicate with field technicians regarding job assignments or job progress updates.
4. Utilizes computer system to input parts and labor information needed to generate an invoice for service work performed.
5. Reconciles billable and non-billable time for service technicians.
6. Coordinates the service contract program by setting up new contracts, renewing and terminating contracts, and scheduling annual contract maintenance work.
7. Assists in controlling parts inventory by accurately recording parts used and assisting technicians with van/pickup restocking.
8. Coordinates Gas Check program by contacting customers, explaining the program, and scheduling technicians. Inputs gas check information into the computer system.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
A high school education or equivalent is preferred.
Service dispatchers frequently deal with customers, other employees (technicians, drivers, and office personnel), the service manager, and any sales personnel.
Although no experience is necessary, some understanding of petroleum products, equipment and basic service is beneficial.
Certification and Testing:
No licensing or testing is required for this position.
Normal office equipment is utilized including a computer terminal, personal computer, calculator, copier, fax machine, and telephone.
This service dispatcher must plan and schedule technicians time. Routine cleanings and maintenance scheduling decisions are made by the dispatcher. More complex scheduling is made in consultation with the service manager. The dispatcher handles customer complaints and service related issues. Issues that cannot be satisfactorily resolved are referred to the service manager.
Safety considerations relate to proper ergonomics in an office setting including proper work station and computer terminal setup.
Other Attributes Required:
1. Good communication and listening skills
2. Planning and scheduling skills
3. Accuracy, organization, and attention to detail
4. Analytical skills
6. Courteous demeanor and professional appearance
7. Flexibility to work overtime
8. Ability to work in a dynamic environment without distraction
Most of the work is performed in an office setting with controlled temperatures. The heating season is typically faster paced than the rest of the year.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
- The position requires frequent sitting with occasional standing and walking
- There is frequent use of the fingers to write, input data into a computer system, and handle paperwork
- There is frequent communication involving both speaking and listening
Weight or Force Moved:
There is rarely a need to lift or move an object weighing more than 10 pounds. Assistance is available for lifting heavier items.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.