Website CSC Transportation
To further develop CSC Logistics’ freight brokerage activity with additional/dispatch business. Coordinate freight movements for a) the Lincoln, NE based CSC Transportation over-the-road trucks and b) backhaul freight at other CSC locations as needed and market conditions warrant. Provide back up support to the Lincoln terminal location, as needed.
This is an exempt level, salaried position.
- Lead, support, and help foster safety culture and best practices throughout the organization.
- Quote and cover truckload shipments
- Contact, negotiate and secure carriers for available/open loads
- Dispatching, routing and scheduling carriers
- Maximize each load by negotiating with customers and carriers to ensure proper profit margins
- Build relationships with new and existing carriers
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective clients
- Bid on dedicated contract opportunities
- Must be willing and able to make cold calls to generate and develop own leads
- Ability to talk with decision-makers over the phone, on a daily basis
- Communicate important market information and activity to other brokers, traders and management
- Adhere to CSC risk management practices that address the DOT rules and regulations for company drivers and the liability and insurance concerns of this activity.
- Maintain daily contact with CSC Lincoln drivers, directing their movements and addressing their issues.
- Assist in retaining and recruiting drivers.
- Work closely with trucking locations and other CSC locations as dictated by market conditions
- Take part in quarterly safety meetings
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.