Website Waste Management
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Company match on 401K
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days
- And more!
- Benefits may vary by site.
Communicates back and forth with Waste Management Drivers to assist with problem resolution while on route for residential, commercial and roll-off lines of business. Handles incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Interacts with customers that includes Waste Management customer servie, sales, and operational staff (i.e. Route Managers, Mechanics etc.). Uses Waste Management proprietary software to manage same day ticket routing as well as preparing all routes for the next day. Shifts vary with the potential for overtime and Saturday hours depending on each Market area dispatch center needs. Some travel (up to 15%) may be required to work face to face with sites dispatcher is responsible for.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Dispatches drivers to calls as they are received, using information on customer needs, drivers’ locations and loads, and daily factors to balance cost and customer satisfaction.
- Works with sites and the service department to optimize routes based on needs of the customer.
- Determines the daily level of driver staffing to provide best mix of responsiveness and productivity
- Assigns routes and service tickets to appropriate drivers throughout the day and for the next day; manages and determines route actions and assuring route completion.
- Handles fields incoming calls and e-mails from customer service and sales department; manages requests for all pick-up or delivery on any container movement within the Market area.
- Initiates communication to customers while drivers are on-site/location, resolving pick-up and other issues delaying the service.
- Troubleshoots and resolves potential delivery and pick-up problems before they result in service issues
- Ensures same-day service on missed pick-ups by managing the routing for all routes and tracking Driver movement in the field
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
- Experience: Six (6) months of relevant work experience with working in a team setting, with the ability to communicate to several areas effectively. Multi-tasking in a fast-paced work environment with excellent organizational skills.
- None required.
- Computer skills with ability to handle multiple programs and systems
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via e-mail, telephone, and 2 way devices
- Must have the desire and ability to learn Waste Management proprietary software applications
I understand that applying to this job indicates that I have the legal right to work in the United States. I agree to perform physical duties of this position as outlined in the job with or without reasonable accommodations. I understand that if offered the position, I will be required to pass a drug screen.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit careers.wm.com.