Website DDH Trucking
DDH is a fresh take on trucking. With an emphasis on customer service and transportation knowledge, we’re off the leash and ahead of the pack!
We are looking for an entry-level Logistics Coordinator/Freight Broker out of our New Castle, PA terminal. The ideal candidate will be self-sufficient, confident, and able to understand common transportation and brokerage practices, concepts and regulations.
- Quote and cover truckload shipments
- Contact, negotiate, and secure carriers for available/open loads
- Build loads, dispatch, route, schedule appointments and track drivers and shipments
- Maximize each load by negotiating with customers and carriers to ensure proper profit margins
- Build relationships with new and existing carriers
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Meet brokerage goals consistently
- Ability to make quick, independent decisions while balancing profitability with customer needs
- Perform all other position related duties and assist other departments as assigned
- Listen and communicate effectively with all departments, carriers, and customers
- Function as a liaison between Brokerage and other departments
- Minimum 1-year experience in transportation, logistics, or brokerage
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communication, Supply Chain, or other related field
- Experience with ITS Dispatch a plus
- Experience monitoring KPI’s and being accountable for department
- Must be an effective communicator
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
Job Type: Full-time
Looking for more Education or Experience?! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.