Website JB Hunt
Job Opening ID:
00320045 Full-Time Dispatcher (Open)
United States of America
Job Description Summary:
As a Dispatcher, you will be responsible for dispatching, scheduling and resolving problems for our Truckload/Van drivers. This position requires you to have exceptional communication skills and promote a professional workplace attitude.
Sunday: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Monday ,Tuesday ,Wednesday: 4:00 PM to midnight
Thursday: 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Communicate effectively to dispatch drivers using office phone systems
- Use a computer keyboard and operate in a mainframe and PC environment
- Understand all phases of the dispatcher function and do assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Read and use a road atlas, city maps, and other geographical software and/or other documents to assist drivers and insure minimum mileage
- Other duties as required
What does it take to be considered?
- High school diploma or equivalent office experience
- Have an understanding of basic computer systems and programs
- Have strong phone and communication skills
- Must be able to deal effectively and tactfully with drivers and other employees in a fast-paced, stressful work environment
- Working to complete a college degree preferred
- Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts as needed by the department
Communication, Creativity (JBH Rating Scale), Customer Service, Working with Others
Fortune 500 experience. Career Development. Nation-wide opportunities. We are J.B. Hunt.
Our success comes from strategically placing you in the most suitable role. Whether you have a passion for operations, sales, engineering, or information technology, we can jump start your career!
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is no stranger to the transportation logistics industry. From our humble beginnings in 1961, with only five tractors and seven refrigerated trailers, we have evolved into one of the largest transportation logistics companies in North America. We provide safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our four business segments (Intermodal, Dedicated Contract Services, Truckload, and Integrated Capacity Solutions) allow us to provide customized freight solutions for customers big and small. It’s no wonder we have been named one of America’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit jbhunt.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.