Website D/C Export & Domestic Packing, Inc.
We are looking for a self-motivated and organized team player to:
Broker freight & dispatch a team of owner-operators/drivers
Provide fast and courteous customer service via phone and email
As a Freight Broker/Dispatcher, you will be working as a problem solver, managing and making quick decisions to act as a liaison between our customers and freight carriers.
The ideal candidate is someone with experience in the operations/recruiting processes within the transportation industry. A motivated individual that is looking to build and run their own terminal. Ideal traits would include knowledge about the transportation industry within the region.
A core following of owner-operators/drivers.
Basic knowledge and experience of the operations process
Ability to connect the dots when speaking with clients and drivers.
First-hand experience in dispatching trucks and dealing with drivers and clients.
If you meet all the below requirements, please send resume
Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking all freight orders from customers and matching those up with appropriate size, speed, price of transportation using company software programs.
- This is a position which requires experience in booking loads, dispatching for multiple fleet vehicles and must have EXCELLENT negotiating skills
- Assigns drivers and outside carriers to convey freight as requested by customers, in compliance with DOT regulations and company guidelines.
- Works with Director of Sales to prioritize customer loads and ensures dispatch and sales are in alignment.
- Works with maintenance team and other Dispatchers to track and ensure Owner/Operators are having quarterly tractor inspections and Company fleet is in compliance with vehicle and equipment preventative maintenance programs.
- Clearly communicates to Owner/Operators and Company drivers expected gross pay for each load.
- Answers after-hours emergency dispatch line (on-call phone).
Job Skills Requirements
- Ability to dispatch a minimum of 8-10 Drivers, sourcing for loads in a manner that generates targeted revenue
- Requires knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
- High level of organization and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a stressful environment
- Excellent computer skills (working knowledge of Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Electronic Driver Software)
- Must have high level of discretion and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize workload
- Capable of working some overtime as required by workload
- Requires good geographical sense
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; Must be approachable by both customers and associates at all levels within the organization
- High School diploma or GED; college degree preferred but not required
- 2+ years of transportation and 3rd party dispatch experience in sourcing and developing carriers
- Ability to work independently and possess great communication & customer service skills
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving/Investigation skills
- Inside sales experience
- Data entry experience
- Accurate typing skills
- Ability to coordinate a high volume of phone calls
- Bilingual is a plus!
- Able to pass a criminal background check and U.S. Department of Homeland Security background check.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens during employment.
- Possess a stable work history including attendance and tardiness.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Freight Brokering/Dispatcher: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office products: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
- Remote/Work from home
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.