Website The University of Iowa
- Support the daily operations of the office including customer service activities.
- Make decisions and exercise autonomy while typically performing administrative support/ customer service responsibilities.
- Use specialized Fleet Management software.
- Making and dispatching vehicle reservations.
- Maximize utilization of University vehicles through efficient assignment of vehicles to reservations.
- Ensuring vehicle preventative maintenance is performed in a timely manner for rental fleet vehicles.
- Review charges on daily rental vehicles.
- Approve customer service adjustments for breakdowns and other customer service issues.
- Issue credits due to billing errors.
- Audit charges from out-sourced vehicle supplier.
- Create and maintain division reports in MS Excel.
- Decide when Fleet vehicles are at maximum utilization and when to use outsource provider.
- Prepare and administer correspondence with customer and departments.
- Serve as first point of contact for the University regarding driver qualification, vehicle use, and Fleet policies.
- Supervise and direct full-time and part-time staff currently consisting of one (1) , Mechanic’s Assistant and six (6) Students.
- May provide functional and or administrative supervision (direction, assignments, feedback, coaching and counseling) to assure outcomes are achieved. Provide training and recommend and assist in developing training solutions.
The University of Iowa
Please attach a resume and cover letter as part of the application process. A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
A valid driver’s license is required, as well as an ability to meet UI Fleet Safety Driving Record Review Standards. Please include your driver’s license information under the Experience & Credentials section, as a license.
Applicants who fail to submit all the required materials will not be eligible for an interview.
- Minimum 6 months administrative experience in an office setting.
- Minimum of 6 months of customer service supervisory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service experience in a fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Driver’s license and maintaining eligibility to drive under the University’s Fleet Safety Program.
- Superior organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks.
- Dispatching experience – Assigning assets/resources to tasks with the goal of maximizing asset utilization.
- MS Access experience developing databases, reports and queries.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit uiowa.referrals.selectminds.com.