Website Schneider National
Fleet Dispatcher – Job Number: 191340 – Full-time Monday – Friday 6 am – 2:30 pm
Shift: 1st Shift
The Schneider organization has an immediate need for a confident and driven Dispatcher to support and complete administrative processes and resolve process exceptions for our Final Mile drivers. As a Dispatcher, you will select and assign freight to maximize profitability. This will be accomplished through the utilization of tracking systems and direct communication with Drivers, Dispatch Analysts, Fleet Managers and other internal associates. The Dispatcher is expected to use an open, interactive communication style to meet company performance goals. This position will set you on your way to a career of interesting challenges and limitless opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Select and assign freight with sufficient resources to meet and exceed the customer’s requirements while effectively balancing capacity fleet needs.
- Resolve tracking issues including incomplete shipments
- Escalates driver conversations directly to the Fleet Manager or appropriate leader
- Identifies and communicates issues with other Schneider departments such as: Customer Service, Truck rail, Emergency Maintenance, or Remote viewing
- Tracks down missing paperwork that delays load delivery and other basic load related situations in a timely manner (i.e., bill of lading)
- Queries and runs daily reports
- Establishes and maintains positive and professional working relationships with drivers and office associates
By choosing a career with Schneider, we improve your life by offering:
- Competitive wage plus additional shift pay of either $1.25/hr or $2.00/hr based on hours worked
- Annual profit sharing bonuses available
- Strong work/life balance that includes paid holidays and generous personal time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plus company-paid life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match plus a company-paid retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement and free financial service assistance
- Health Care Spending Account
- On-site services at some facilities including cafeteria, gym and fitness classes, walking/jogging trail, ATM, personal mail services, company store and much more. (in some locations)
- Resilient, values-based culture that drives safety, integrity in every action, respect and excellence in all we do
- Individual development opportunities through company-paid training, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Our preferred candidate will have:
- College degree or 3 to 5 years industry experience
- Ability to prioritize workload and thrive in a fast paced team environment
- Demonstrated sound judgment, initiative and tactful communication skills while dealing with critical information
- Creative problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to adapt easily to changing priorities
- Strong work ethic with a professional, positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An innovative, goal-oriented and results driven approach
- Excellent attention to detail
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (annual revenue in 2018) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.
The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with honesty, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our commitment to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today! http://www.schneiderjobs.com
Primary Location: USA-ILLINOIS-Carol Stream
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit schneider.taleo.net.