Website Genesee & Wyoming Railroad Services Inc.
The person in this position is accountable for safe work and operating practices, thorough knowledge of the General Code of Operating Rules (GCOR), and compliance with all Federal Railroad Administration Guidelines. Must have flexibility to work shifts as required to include weekends and holidays, 24/7 operation.
- Issue track warrants via radio and telephone
- Complete reports for Operations Department
- Perform tasks necessary for the efficient operation of the dispatcher’s office
- Communicate via telephone or radio with train crews, yard supervisory personnel, MoW personnel, and others regarding train movements and instructions
- Coordinate pickup and relief for expired crews based on hours of service tie-ups
- Monitor train movement and conditions affecting movements, such as weather conditions, train crew availability, and engine and equipment availability
- Monitor general orders, timetables, track and speed restrictions; ensure safety and performance, coordinating responses to unplanned events and emergency situations
- Perform administrative duties relative to hours-of-service requirements, hazardous materials, and documentation of train movements; report rule violations
- Assist with other projects and perform other duties as assigned
- Industry experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to make decisions and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Internet)
- Ability to successfully pass operating rules examination and test on Train Dispatcher’s, Operator’s, and Control Operator’s Manual
- Qualified train dispatchers preferred; must be willing to become a qualified train dispatcher
- Valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED required; bachelor’s degree preferred
This position is employed by the specific entity set forth in the job posting.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
- High School or better
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.