Website Glass America
Glass America is looking for a Dispatcher to join our operations team in Fredericksburg, VA!
The Dispatcher will be responsible for accurately sourcing and assigning workorders to technicians in our fleet. The Dispatcher will also be ordering, receiving, and having parts delivered to technicians in an accurate and timely manner. Provides effective leadership, direction and motivation for all technician staff in order to insure that all customer vehicles repairs are completed in a timely manner according to Company standards.
Hours: 7:30am-5:00pm and some Saturdays from 8am-12pm
Pay: $32,000/Year + Bonuses
- Educate, train and maintain compliance with company standards.
- Take the necessary actions to meet daily/weekly/monthly goals and objectives.
- Effectively communicate to all subordinates.
- Provide daily supervision and direction to all technician production staff.
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate paint shop employees to achieve work goals.
- Monitor the individual performance of the technician production staff on a regular basis.
- Fax, telephone or otherwise contact vendors to order parts and document conversations in management system.
- Compare invoices against requisitions to verify quality and quantity of merchandise.
- Follow up on parts back orders and document actions in management system.
- Coordinate returns and credits of parts and insure they are picked up daily.
- Provide the A/P Dept. with the POP invoices for appropriate purchases.
- Return and reorder damaged or defective parts.
- Contact vendors for credits and process appropriately.
- Notify CSRs and team when parts are on back order status. Effectively notate work order.
- Conduct calls to consumers between the hours of 7:00AM – 9:00AM (local time) to confirm times the technician should be at their location (3 hour window to allow for add-ons).
- Reshuffle routes as necessary and provide feedback to dispatcher so technicians are notified as to routing changes.
- Field ETA calls from the customers (directly) and advise as to status.
- Inventory Management
- OE Parts / Special Order
- Order parts from select vendors
- Follow up with vendors on ETA dates to ensure parts arrive on schedule.
- Contact consumer when parts arrive and schedule for installation.
- Secure vendor invoices from vendor/shop and provide copies to A/P.
- Return parts to vendors as necessary.
- OE Parts / Special Order
- High school degree
- Strong Communication Skills
- Previous dispatching experiences, Auto glass experience is a plus!
- Ability to work and perform in a high paced environment
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit careers-glassamerica.icims.com.