Website MV Transportation, Inc
MV Transportation is seeking Dispatchers to provide direction to and maintain two-way communications with all operators while monitoring system performance and making scheduling adjustments where necessary to maximize on-time performance, minimize customer wait times for on-call or will-call services, minimize service disruptions as a result of vehicle/operator availability and/or emergency situations.
- Assign work, vehicles and onboard equipment to operators and maintain check-out logs.
- Assign stand-by or extraboard operators in the event of operator absences, increased service volumes or in order to minimize service disruptions as a result of traffic, vehicle malfunctions, operator problems and/or emergency situations.
- Review pre-trip inspections and reassign vehicles as necessary for safety defects and out of service conditions.
- Maintain attendance log for operators and other appropriate staff.
- Assign vehicles giving consideration to preventive maintenance schedules and capacity needs.
- Maintain two-way communication with operators, providing information on customers, cancellations, and directional assistance where necessary.
- Monitor operators and trip status, making adjustments and reassignments as necessary to ensure on time performance.
- Maintain scheduling and performance data in the event of real-time operations.
- Provide assistance to operators in the event of emergency or vehicle malfunctions, communicating with operations, safety and maintenance staff where appropriate.
- Reschedule trips as necessary in the event of vehicle malfunction, traffic, or emergency situations.
- Assign will-call and same day trips to available and appropriate vehicles in order to ensure on-time performance, minimize wait and ride times and to maintain system productivity.
- Reconcile trip manifests and fares collected by operators upon check-in.
- Secure all equipment issued to operators at pull out upon check-in.
- Review post-trip inspections and communicate potential problems to maintenance staff.
- Provide assistance to passengers in using the service as well as when inquiring about individual trip status.
- Document accurately and appropriately daily events related to service.
- Collect any lost and found articles and catalog, attempt to contact appropriate passengers where possible.
- Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
- Communicate effectively with operations staff regarding scheduling or passenger issues.
- Open and/or close facility depending upon work shift.
- Maintain professional demeanor and appearance.
- Maintain attendance within policy.
- Handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively in a fast paced environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous data entry, dispatch, customer service, supervisory and/or operating experience desired but not required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Data entry experience and general knowledge of windows-based computer operating system and Microsoft Office package.
- Knowledge of service area.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly the English language – basic knowledge of Spanish may be required depending on contract location and requirements.
- Able to use multi-line phone system and handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to supervise.
- Ability to work independently and follow directions.
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible in a dynamic environment.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit careers.mvtransit.com.