Website Norfolk Southern Corp
This position is responsible for the coordination, movement, and delivery of freight for our customer base. It also requires customer interaction and problem resolution.
- The timely dispatch of drayman for retail shipments, US Mail shipments, Nor’Easter adn other products offered by TDIS and NS.
- On-time pick up and delivery of loads.
- Route and match loads in a cost-effective manner through extensive communication with other dispatchers in the department and the assignment of drayman.
- Proactively identify potential failures and attempt to fix. If the failure can’t be avoided, advise the customer.
- Notify customer of any accessorials including comchecks, stop off, lumper or any other charges.
- Notify customer of any freight issues.
- Verify and approve requests from drayman for accessorial charges.
- Book loads from computerized transfer of data, faxed purchase orders, and telecom request.
- Run and analyze various reports from internal and external computer systems
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of geography
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
Shift Work: Yes
Weekend Work: Yes
Travel Required: 0-2 days per month
Norfolk Southern is an equal opportunity employer including veterans and disabled.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.nscorp.com.