Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Flexibility in work schedule is essential. We operate 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We will require overtime, holiday scheduling, and weekend shifts as necessary.
The anticipated schedule is Monday – Friday 5:00am – 1:30pm shift OR 12:30pm – 9:00pm shift.
What you will be doing
We are World Courier, an AmerisourceBergen Company; World Courier is a provider of premium logistics services and the leading global specialty supplier of transportation, storage and distribution services for multinational biopharmaceutical clinical trials. With more than 2,500 employees in more than 50 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Dispatcher together with Drivers and Management to create the most effective delivery routes and delivery schedules to maximize driver efficiency. Manage busy inbound and outbound phone volumes with drivers, customer service and other World Courier offices.
- Coordinate the recovery and tender of freight at local airports.
- Breakdown freight when it returns to office.
- Monitor drivers to ensure customer pickup and delivery expectations are met.
- Assist in the preparation of packaging materials and cold chain supplies when required by clients for pick up.
- Monitor and maintain cold chain for all shipments arriving at the airports and freight held at office awaiting instructions/clearance for delivery.
- Monitor clearance status and enter updated notes for Customer Service and origin offices.
- Ensure that freight is recovered in a timely manner and all special delivery instructions and pickup instructions are communicated to our drivers and followed.
- Ensure that all Company and Regulatory policies and Standard Operational Procedures are followed.
- Monitor, respond to and action personal and group email accounts in a timely manner
- Monitor all “On-Hold” shipments for export and/or delivery approval
- Monitor and update the Outbound Flight Monitor
- Proficiency in Cold Chain Management which will include but not limited to
- Gel Pack/Packaging preparation
- Gel Pack/Packaging refurbishment
- Gel Pack/Packaging configuration
- Assist all Leadership Team Members in all daily functions and/or activities needed
- Maintain all individual Training Records, Certificates and Qualifications and complete tests by due date
- Ensure proper storage of shipments at airlines and office.
- Report all complaints, concerns and issues to management immediately.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
- Perform related/ other duties as assigned
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- A general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma
- Normally requires two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in a related field.
- General knowledge of the airport and surrounding area
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Sense of urgency
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to multi task
- Proficient computer skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible a schedule including afternoon/evening/ weekends
- Ability to work occasional overtime as needed
Nice to have
- Proficient knowledge of WorldSTAR applicable screens
What AmerisourceBergen offers
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 12 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.
Primary LocationUnited States-New Jersey-Edison
Raritan Center 375 Raritan Center Parkway, Suite C Edison 08837
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit abccareers.taleo.net.