Website Martin Transportation Systems
Exciting Transportation Opportunities in Byron Center, MI – Immediate Openings for Dispatcher/Driver Managers – 2nd and 3rd shift, 8-hour shift with some weekend work
Martin Transportation Systems, is seeking highly qualified Dispatchers for our Byron Center, MI central dispatch operations. We are looking for individuals to join our dynamic team and take their existing skills to the next level. The individuals selected will dispatch and coordinate CDL-A drivers on dedicated, “JIT’, round trip loads while safely meeting revenue and mileage goals for drivers and equipment. Candidates must possess excellent communication and computer skills (satellite tracking and TMW dispatch software), be multi-task oriented, and enjoy an environment where complex decisions must be made quickly. We empower our teams to make decisions and be accountable for them and the only way it works is by hiring the very best problem solvers we can find.
Martin Transportation Systems is a solid and stable automotive niche carrier with a success story of over 30 years. Since our one-truck beginning in 1978, we’ve grown to a fleet of over 800 trucks and employ over 1400 drivers, owner-operators and support staff. A dedication to technology and low-cost, high-quality transportation solutions, as well as the acquisition of other carriers, have let us build a solid customer base that should catapult us into another 30 years of success! While our business has seen rapid growth, we know that our employees are the heart and soul of our success and strive to treat all of them with the utmost respect and dignity.
Dispatcher Essential Functions:
- Overseeing, coordinating, dispatching CDL-A drivers to ensure timely pick up and delivery of all truckload shipments from vendors to auto assembly plants or other locations
- Assist with and enforce driver electronic log compliance to HOS regulations and company policy
- Work as a team with other central dispatch staff, customer service employees, and customers
- Promote driver safety and safe work place performance
- Interfacing and updating computer trucking systems
- Evaluate driver performance and compliance
- Shift: 2nd or 3rd shift with rotating weekend work
- Time: 2nd shift: 3-11pm and 3rd shift 11pm-7 am, Monday – Friday with rotating weekend work.
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with transportation industry technology such as TMW and PeoplNet preferred
- Thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Be a creative problem solver
- Previous dispatching, or closely related experience, in the transportation industry preferred
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, or comparable industry experience preferred.
MTS offers an excellent wage and benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, plus company paid life insurance and 401K with 25% company match, paid vacation and holidays. Short-term and long-term disability insurance is also available.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit mtstrans.acquiretm.com.