Dispatchers needed in New Orleans, LA. Transdev is actively seeking a transportation dispatcher for their insert type of service in the insert location. We are looking for qualified dispatchers who can provide excellent customer service to both our passengers and our drivers. Join Transdev at New Orleans and become a part of the largest private-sector operator of transportation in North America one that cares about its employees, passengers and the communities they serve. Why Work with Us? – Competitive Wages beginning at $18.77/hr., with progressive increases – Comprehensive benefits – Career advancement opportunities owing to Transdevs presence in over 200+ communities across North America
- Responds, records and resolves customer feedback via multiple channels
- Communicates and coordinates with internal departments to help meet customer needs
- Performs weekly audits that meet Transdev’s policies and procedures
- Assists with the preparation of daily schedules and work flow related to daily scheduling
- Serves as an emergency contact for drivers in the field
- Coordinates communications between drivers and other supervisory, Risk Management, and Training/Safety personnel.
- Coordinates with municipal, county and other agencies in emergency situations or in traffic-routing problems, detours, enhanced service requirements
- Provides coordination of schedules and directs work of Dispatchers in absence of Manager; works closely with Manager to administer the Dispatch function
- Documents and reports disciplinary issues to manager
- Other duties as required.
- Must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- A valid Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License with passenger and airbrake endorsements required
- Two or more years of public transit experience required
- Previous experience with radio dispatch preferred or road supervision preferred
- Excellent communication skills with ability to adapt to changing situations, and listen to feedback
- A customer service oriented mentality with attention to detail
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Majority of work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities
- Majority of work is accomplished in an office or in a cubicle space equipped with a telephone and computer.
- The employee is generally subjected to long periods spent sitting, typing, or looking at a computer screen.
If you have any questions, please contact usSteven.Neal firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-10421
Position Category Customer Service/Call Center/Dispatch/Reservationist/Scheduler
Internal Reference 460
Company/Division Transdev Services
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses
To apply for this job please visit transdevna.jobs.