Website United Vision Logistics Holding Corp.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Primary duties include but not limited to the following:
- Upon receipt of a customer order, the FM will utilize strong reasoning and good judgment to make the most cost effective decision when assigning the load to an owner operator or outside carrier. FM must assess capacity and equipment requirements to determine the best method of transportation. When outside carrier is used, FM must ensure carrier has proper insurance to meet both the company’s and customer’s requirements.
- Negotiate rates with agent, driver or customer taking into consideration market, capacity and location when considering and agreeing to price for service.
- Must ensure the safety of our staff, owner operators and the customer’s products. FM evaluates the customer requirements and driver board for an available owner operator and equipment which meets the specific requirements. Taking into consideration all necessary factors including but not limited to the drivers’ qualifications, the driver’s available hours of service, the type of load being hauled, the destination of the load, and deadlines imposed by the customer.
- Must exercise the same judgment when making all decisions necessary to assign equipment to each load, taking into consideration all necessary factors including but not limited to the type of load being hauled, DOT safety requirements, the availability of equipment, and deadlines imposed by the customer.
- Extensive troubleshooting. Makes recommendations to resolve complex operational problems through a proactive approach with service providers and operations. Resolve customer service issues that arise. This requires working through the drivers, terminals, 3rd party carriers and regularly communicating with the customer throughout resolution. These issues could involve but not limited to dispute over the cost of the load, Company terminal load distribution or possibly the rerouting due to DOT requirement, truck breakdown, weather or a safety service incident.
- Relationship management with our customers, terminals and owner operators.
- Identifies area to improve service levels.
- IVMS Knowledge, Rating Way Bill Processing, Hours of Service, Spot Truck Inspections.
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Must have 2-5 years experience in the oil industry or dispatching experience of
- Knowledge types of trucks and ancillary equipment used for transportation
- Must possess excellent oral communication, interpersonal, multi-tasking skills in a time-sensitive work environment
- Must have familiarity and proficiency in the use of personal computers
- Must have quick and accurate keyboarding skills
This person must demonstrate superior decision-making skills in an extremely time-sensitive work environment on behalf of the Company. This person must also demonstrate confidence in making operational judgment calls on matters affecting critical customer service issues. This person must also possess strong organizational skills for prioritizing workload. No extraordinary physical requirements; work is primarily performed in an indoor, non-hazardous environment.
Shift is from 6 PM to 6 AM
To apply for this job please visit rew11.ultipro.com.