Website HNTB Corporation
Why Choose HNTB?
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, “What if?” Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, “together” can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB “together” also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And “together” means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. “Together” means that we are engaged in the communities we serve — we live there — and are committed to their growth and development.
- Entry level operator position performing functions under close supervision and to established procedures.Performs all basic level duties and will defer more complex issues to a supervisor or more senior operators.
- Operates various computer-based traffic management systems to manage traffic and incidents on roadways and improve traffic conditions.
- Monitors roadways via CCTV surveillance cameras and detection systems.
- Monitors all ITS devices and computer equipment associated with the system.
- Maintains advanced knowledge on the operation of all traffic equipment, computers and software associated with the traffic systems.
- Utilizes traffic equipment for incident management and the improvement of travel time, safety, and quality of life of the traveling motorists and toll customers.
- Continually checks the accuracy and validity of the messages displayed on all systems.
- Aware of all alert messages broadcasted on a particular system.
- Enters incident information into computer systems using traffic software.
- Becomes familiar with the roadways and understands the purpose and location of each traffic device (i.e. detector stations, CCTV, and 511).
- Alerts operator staff to new and existing memos.
- Uses SOG to detect, dispatch, monitor, and document roadway incidents.
- Confers with traffic partners (highway patrol, Road Rangers, Local Law Enforcement, Fire Rescue, etc.) as well as adjacent Traffic Management Centers or other DOT Districts to coordinate resources for incidents that may affect regional travel.
- Dispatches Road Rangers and assists Road Rangers with other tasks, such as phone calls, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience operating computers, working in fast paced / quickly changing work environment
General Work Conditions
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit careers-hntb.icims.com.