Website Falcon CCT
The Dispatcher works under the general supervision of the Dispatch Manager and is responsible for evaluating all transport requests and deploying the most appropriate resource(s). Our Dispatchers and Call Takers are also responsible for answering the Communications Center multi-phone line system, responding to all referrals/requests and inputting call information into our computer aided dispatch (CAD) system.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities/Qualities for a Dispatcher:
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills with both internal and external customers
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor
- Promptly answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming requests for service
- Communicate effectively with all callers and co-workers in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate familiarity with Company service areas and medical facilities
- Possess exceptional knowledge of service area geography, roadways and traffic patterns
- Demonstrate compliance with all Company and customer policies and procedures as they pertain to the coordination of patient care/transport
- Must possess the ability to efficiently multi-task and work independently as well as within a team
- Demonstrate the ability to professionally “control” difficult interactions and effectively direct the flow of the conversation
- Operate a computer terminal and demonstrate proficiency with word processing, e-mail, and other intricate software programs
- Operate multi-line phone system as well as radio communication equipment
- The ability to remain extremely focused in a sometimes turbulent/chaotic environment (selective attention)
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or leadership team
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year dispatching experience, preferably in EMS
- One year of direct customer service experience
- One year of multi-line telephone experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbally and in writing
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office
- Ability to accurately take incoming requests while simultaneously documenting the information electronically
- Ability to sit for an extended period of time
- Ability to type a minimum of forty (40) words per minute
- PM and weekend shifts will be mandatory
- Previous work experience as an Ambulance or EMS dispatcher
- Open Availability
Located in Northern California, Falcon Critical Care Transports serves over 20 counties and is contracted with the top hospital and healthcare systems in the region. We are looking for an experience Scheduling Supervisor to join our team.
Come see what the Falcon way is all about. Enjoy working in a mid-size company that still has that family-style environment, where making connections that will last a lifetime. Falcon not only provides you with the tools to achieve your career goals, but we work with you every step of the way.
Visit our website at www.falconambulance.com and see why we are the premier provider in the Bay Area!
Why work at Falcon? We offer:
- Upward mobility in the company
- Flexible schedules and work hours
- Contracted with the #1 health provider in Northern California
- Competitive benefits
- Open teaching environment and collaborative workspace
- State-of-the-art equipment
Location: El Sobrante
Job Status: Full-Time / Benefits Eligible
Salary: Based on Experience
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit falconambulance.candidatecare.jobs.