Transdev is a contractor of Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) and is hiring for our Chula Vista, South Bay operation. We are looking for Safety driven, customer service professionals seeking a new career
The Window Dispatcher Uses VDS, RTMS, MS Office and other software tools proactively manage the day-to-day assignments of bus drivers. Window Dispatcher provides verbal direction to Bus Operators. Proactively intervenes, using all available resources, to ensure that all scheduled bus driver work assignments are covered and quality service is provided. Collaborates with the local Transdev operating division team to assign buses to drivers, ensure that routine information such as driver paddles, routings, detours, bus stop closure information, and other resources are given to operators.
Receives lost & found items. Works closely with the Scheduler or schedules upcoming workday shifts for bus drivers. Plans and covers extra services such as Trolley Bridges and other special events.
Documents bus driver absences and enters into one or more computer databases. Receives and reviews written reports from bus drivers. Enters information on service incidents into a computer data base.
- Coordinates with maintenance to obtain equipment availability for service, then assigns equipment to drivers.
- Assigns open work to extra board and show-up report drivers. Calls in additional day-off drivers as needed to ensure service is covered. Sends messages or calls to specific drivers regarding work assignments, service needs, unplanned detours, missing persons, lost articles, etc.
- Verbally directs/guides Bus Drivers in the understanding of basic work rules, scheduling of planned absences, bidding practices for open work, etc.
- Covers interrupted service to minimize any negative impact to passengers.
- May act as a back-up RTMS Radio Dispatcher should the operational need arise.
- May act as a back-up road supervisor should the operation need arise.
- May act as the primary scheduler, performing all weekly posting and bidding awards.
- Other duties as required
First level supervision:
- Monitors Drivers compliance with legally required driving credentials.
- Ensure that California IWC Wage Order 9 rules are met.
- Confirms drivers’ compliance with uniform policy.
- Applies miss-out and attendance policies.
- Applies properly documented progressive discipline as directed by manager to include: verbal counseling, written counseling, written work rule violation notices, etc.
- Nominates drivers for retraining deemed required.
- Documents exceptional positive behaviors.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications :
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid California CDL with appropriate endorsements required a plus.
- Participate regularly in safety meetings
- Relevant experience in the transit industry, with dispatch office, two-way radio and or Road Supervisor experience is preferred.
- Relevant computer based data analysis and entry, supervision of others within in a collective bargaining environment, supervision in Human Resources desirable.
- Other relevant supervisory experience may be substituted with manager approval. Skills and Knowledge Required *:*
- Must be able to work collaboratively with peers, while processing multiple tasks simultaneously, under stressful situations and bring each task to a successful completion.
- Experience in using PC workstation computers, text typing efficiently and accurately, data entry in databases and forms required, have ability to enter data quickly, and accurately.
- Must demonstrate the ability to promptly analyze service scheduling problems and then execute effective solutions.
Pre-Employment Requirements *:*
- Safety sensitive position – is subject to DOT/FTA drug and alcohol testing rules.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time, use voice constantly, use arms, hands and fingers to enter data, use PC mouse/trackball, use telephone, view multiple video display monitors for long periods and activate/use computer programs.
- Able to work nights, weekends, holidays, early mornings, mid-day, or combinations thereof as service needs dictate.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
3610 Main Streetm Chula Vista, CA 619-213-2983
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-10338
Position Category Customer Service/Call Center/Dispatch/Reservationist/Scheduler
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 327
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit transdevna.jobs.