Website Jacksonville Transportation Authority.
- Performs mandatory storm/disaster job related functions that are essential to the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) and/or the EOC.
· Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
· Responsible for reviewing and complying with all JTA policies, procedures and directives.
- Ability to operate Computer-Aided Dispatch and Automated Vehicle Locator software.
- Ability to work flexible hours primarily on weekends.
- Ability to speak clearly and to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to operate a two-way radio, both hand held and console.
- Ability to learn all bus routes.
- Ability to operate a calculator, fax machine, copier and related office equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to relay instructions to operators via radio in an accurate and concise manner.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and promptly.
- Knowledge of mass transit operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and general mathematics.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively with employees and the public.
Due to the nature of some work performed at the JTA/JTM some jobs are classified as ‘Safety Sensitive’ and are subject to random testing for drug and alcohol use. All offers for employment are required to undergo pre-employment and possible random drug testing. If test shows a positive result your application for employment will be rejected, or if hired, employment may be terminated.
To apply for this job please visit external-ebsprd.jtafla.com.