Website AAA Northeast
- Directs the activities of the dispatch area, taking on-the-spot actions to prevent and/or correct problems. Teams with supervisors, field staff, and dispatchers to make decisions that consider our members’ best interest first. Monitors all calls in progress and all service areas for aging and bottle necking. Addresses problems immediately.
- Supervises dispatch area to achieve overall ERS response time targets; also achieves targets for percent of calls completed within specified time targets. Deploys dispatch staff appropriately and team with ERS supervisors to arrive at “cross functional” decisions.
- Supervises, mentors and directs activities of lead dispatch personnel. Ensures subordinate staff understand their roles and responsibilities and demonstrate competence in their position.
- Ensures that AAA’s standards, procedures and practices for dispatch, and Five Diamond Service are consistently adhered to. Teams with the trainer, the supervisors and management in carrying out this responsibility. Provides supervisors with regular reports of dispatcher performance.
- Identifies patterns of problems that create roadblocks for service quality. Coordinates activities of troubleshooters. Teams with supervisors, field staff, and management as appropriate to bring about corrections.
- Keep management, trainer and arriving shift supervisors informed of changing conditions in the dispatch area and related problems/needs.
- Assists in the design and implementation of operational and technological changes.
- Detects equipment malfunctions; determines the magnitude of the problem; communicates information to the appropriate person; implements contingency measures when required.
- Considers the cost implications of dispatching decisions and shows excellent stewardship in making and supervising these decisions. Supervises lead dispatch staff ensuring decisions are in keeping with standards established.
Two plus years experience in a dispatch/resource allocation environment.
Supervisory and/or management experience preferred and knowledge of geography of Club territory.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain a team atmosphere.
Excellent customer focus and customer service skills; excellent decision making, problem prevention and problem solving skills.
Ability to influence others over whom the position does not have direct authority.
Ability to handle pressure and function well at critical times.
Mental and emotional ability to work effectively in a busy and stressful environment, frequently under the demand of heavy time constraints.
Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
AAA Northeast is one of the largest and most innovative membership organizations in North America. It is a multi-business organization comprising more than 60 locations in a six-state area. We provide valuable roadside service to our 5.1 million members, as well as many specialized services such as Financial Services & Loans, Insurance, Travel, Discounts, Auto Glass, and Driver Training. AAA is a key advocate for issues impacting the traveling public, such as highway safety, road maintenance and related legislation. We have a unique organizational model and many of our businesses are the largest and most sought after in their industries. AAA Northeast employees help and serve as a way of life. Through a 100-year legacy of service stewardship, our employees make valuable contributions to our workplace and the community that surrounds us. In order to continue our mission, our organization is expanding and we need talented people to work alongside us in creating our next 100 years.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit re12.ultipro.com.