Website Cruz Energy Services, LLC
Oklahoma City, OK
Cruz Energy Services, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, other protected activities, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. **This employer participates in E-Verify. Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify.**
Summary: Responsible to drive revenue growth of brokerage by effectively responding to the needs of existing and potential customers in conjunction with the effective source and management of carriers. The Broker/Agent position requires attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize, stress tolerance, integrity, adaptability, and out of the box problem solving skills. The incumbent will have an outgoing sales personality, be organized and deadline focused with a commitment to excellence.
- Advise clients on transportation and payment methods.
- Track delivery progress of shipments.
- Notify consignees, passengers, or customers of freight or baggage arrival and arrange for delivery.
- Determine method of shipment and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
- Estimate freight or postal rates and record shipment costs and weights.
- Keep records of all goods shipped, received, and stored.
- Enter shipping information into a computer by hand or by a hand-held scanner that reads bar codes on goods.
- Check import or export documentation to determine cargo contents and use tariff coding system to classify goods according to fee or tariff group.
- Prepare manifests showing numbers of airplane passengers and baggage, mail, and freight weights, transmitting data to destinations.
- Negotiate and arrange transport of goods with shipping or freight companies.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and preferably can also perform other tasks satisfactorily. Self- discipline, self-motivation, integrity and cooperation skills are a must. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent educational background.
- 3-5 years of Brokering/Agent experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Good Sheets, Word and computer operation.
- Working knowledge of TMS Software
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Bachelor degree
- DOT experience / Logistics experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a computer and general software procedures to record and track data.
- Knowledge of and proficient ability with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to be organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate verbally with others.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to actively listen
- Ability to use critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to negotiate and provide value-added sales
- Ability to meet work schedules with dependability and consistency.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise good judgment in prioritizing and carrying out duties.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a computer and software to record, track and design and analyze data.
- Ability to professionally represent the company to suppliers, vendors, customers, regulatory agencies and the public.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in writing and/or a statistical manner.
- Ability to analyze spreadsheets and financial statements.
- Ability to ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Ability to wear protective clothing as needed on project sites
- Ability to operate a vehicle as needed.
Looking for more Education or Experience? Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.