NO RECRUITERS PLEASE!!!!
Baytown, TX 77523
$17 an hour
**NOTE** In order to be considered for a face to face interview, the first level in our screening process will require you to upload your resume, complete the application and answers all the questions in the one-way video interview that is in the application.
Job Title: Dispatcher
The Dispatcher: Coordinates the inbound and outbound loads to/from UnitedDC (UDC) facilities. Also processes the paperwork necessary to facilitate these movements. Acts as the liaison between Carriers, UDC Customer Service Representatives, Operations Department and Management to ensure that all inbound/outbound loads are being processed within the designated times.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive, sort and distribute UDC inbound/outbound paperwork sent via fax/mail/hand-delivery.
- Schedule inbound/outbound loads with the Facility Manager.
- Schedule inspections/fumigation of loads shipping from UDC facilities.
- Complete UPS/Fed-Ex forms for shipment (when necessary).
- Contact Carriers to schedule pick-up/delivery appointments.
- Answer and process all incoming calls from carriers or their truck drivers.
- Receive and process drivers who arrive at a UDC facility for pick-up/delivery of trailers/containers.
- Fax/Scan completed bill of ladings.
- Must have good attention to detail – Accuracy a must
- Safety is a job requirement. Safety always comes first.
- Always work safely and follow all safety procedures.
- Always use required PPE properly.
- Responsible for reporting any incidents or injuries to management immediately.
- Responsible for reporting any known safety issues to management immediately.
- Ensure that all quality issues are identified, corrected, and reported to management immediately.
- Ensure that all quality nonconformances are documented with a NCR and all corrective/preventive actions are communicated to and understood by employees.
- Ensures all forms and work instructions used in areas under responsibility are the most recent revisions.
- If necessary, informs management of need to write/revise work instructions to ensure clear, understandable and easy to follow work instructions.
- Must pass drug test
- Must be computer literate
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Looking for more Education or Experience! Check out our Freight Broker Courses!
To apply for this job please visit plantgistix.hrmdirect.com.